There are two ways to conduct market research: do it yourself, or hire someone else to do it for you. If you plan to go the DIY route, here’s how:
Primary market research requires a different approach to gathering intel. You’ll need to conduct the research yourself. There are many ways you can do this:
- Customer surveys: These can happen via email, through feedback or survey forms on your website, or polls.
- In-depth customer interviews: One-on-one telephone or video-chat interviews with customers.
- Customer reviews: See what people are saying about your brand, your products, your competitors, and similar products.
- Focus groups: Hire an agency to conduct in-depth research via focus groups.
- Sales records: Take a look back at the customer and sales information you already have available.
- Employees: Ask sales associates for their findings on the floor, whether it’s commonly asked questions from customers or observations in customer behavior